Both have the same problem starting slow. The fix for this is on its way. It
takes a bit more than 10 minutes before the RPi1 system really starts the
start up process. I could follow this process because I had these systems
connected via HDMI to my TV monitor. The set up of RPi1 also takes about 10
minutes. O.a. a new initrd is being build. The start of the RPi2 is
repeating itself and never finishes.

After the slow start RPi1 end up in a workable state in a headless situation.
I can connect via ssh to the system via the Ethernet connection.

I tried a zypper up, and as to be expected: Nothing to do. On the RPi1 I
updated libstorage6 libstorage-ruby to my own earlier generated versions.
After this "yast network" works. I changed nothing in the network
configuration. However I add an LLADDR=<MAC address> to
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 right after the xzcat process on
my desktop. So I know what IP-address the RPi systems get from my DHCP server.

After closing down the RPi1 system using "shutdown -r now", the RPi1 system
does not boot anymore. There is no output via HDMI anymore. Not even the small
messages I saw when booting the freshly made SD card. So I assume the BOOT
partition is not properly build. I assume the UEFI partition is not touched in
the set up process.

The RPi2 system does not work.

On my TV monitor the first 3 characters on a line are not displayed. I
searched for a solution and found that setting overscan_left and
overscan_right in config.txt on the UEFI partition could solve this problem. I
tried 16 and 24. It does not seem to have any effect, except when setting
these values to 20, in which case the I get a distorted display.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf