Op donderdag 15 oktober 2015 22:35:05 schreef Johannes Kastl:
> Dear opensuse-on-Raspi-Folks,
>
> I read the last couple of months of the mails on the opensuse-arm
> mailinglist, but I am not sure:
>
> Is openSUSE 13.x usable on a Raspberry B+ or 2? If I find one of the
> few images that are installing correctly, can I keep it up to date
> and secure without issues?

I have a Raspberry Pi 1B running now for a few years with openSUSE 13.2 as a
server; e-mail, imap and apache and a small other application. Obviously a 1B+
or a 2B are also usable as servers. It very much depends on the load it has to
cope with.

However the image I started with, 13.2, is no longer available and there are
no updates for this version.

AFAIK currently the only working image with openSUSE Tumbleweed is for a 2B.
The available openSUSE Tumbleweed images for 1B are not working, but I still
have a working image which I can make available after private communication.
The repositories for this Tumbleweed version gets regular updates and I have
no problems when updating the systems (1B and 2B).

> (I am not talking about Tumbleweed, I'd prefer something less time
> consuming. And I do not mean I would take lots of manual
> intervention, its just lots and lots of updates and the occasional
> configuration change)

There is not really a need to do updates unless it is a security update that
affects the security of your system. So after installation and configuration
you can leave the system as be. No need to keep up with Tumbleweed.

> Ideally this would mean 13.1 or 13.2 being usable, or maybe Leap is
> going to be usable. Anyone tried Leap yet?

I am not aware that there is a Leap version for the Raspberry Pi. Not even
considered.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE