[I am not subscribed to this list, thank you]

21.11.2015 01:28, Andreas Färber пишет:
> @arvidjaar: Wherever we have a UEFI bootloader available, we _are_
> using grub2. This however is for U-Boot bootloader, which is stopping
> to support its by default disabled `CONFIG_API` option that grub2's
> `uboot` platform support relies on - I reported this on their mailing
> list and they refused to fix, e.g., sunxi for v2015.10, pointing to

That's not the impression I got from this discussion. They (U-Boot
developers) do not see it as priority task, but they won't refuse fixing
it, especially as there are other consumers of API besides GRUB.

> this extlinux.conf mechanism, which they
> [document](http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=doc/README.distro;h=9e4722a86ee562fdc80b675f5be9d30e30e61597;hb=HEAD)
> as their preference for distros over the single-kernel boot.scr
> mechanism we use today. Another problem with grub2 is that it needs
> to be patched per board, so a single package does not work. See for

It is trivial to expose link address as configure parameter; would it be
useful for you?

Ultimate solution is to support relocation in U-Boot. Do you know if it
was considered, and what is opinion of U-Boot developers to it?

> example my [Jetson TK1 grub2 installation
> guide](https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:JetsonTK1#Installing_GRUB2). Even
> worse, my modified grub2 builds proved to be rather unreliable on the
> Jetson TK1, often not getting to any prompt or menu. If you want to

Well, there was not much activity w.r.t. ARM post original submission of
Leif; there was one specific fix I can remember. Someone would of course
need to debug it. Sure, we miss active ARM maintainer in GRUB.

> discuss grub2 further, I suggest you post to opensuse-arm mailing
> list instead.

I still think that from distribution PoV focusing on single bootloader
is beneficial and hope we can find solution.