> Am 01.02.2016 um 11:26 schrieb Jimmy PIERRE
> <jimmypierre.rouen.fra...@gmail.com>:
>
>> On 1 February 2016 at 00:13, Dirk Müller <d...@dmllr.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Please note that Tumbleweed images are currently broken for all
>>> flavors and architectures, it seems there is a kiwi (?) change that
>>> breaks rootdevice detection. I"ve not find a single image that
>>> boots... :-(
>>
>> ok, documenting findings .. the issue is that mmc_block.ko isn't
>> loaded on firstboot inird. my guess is that this is due to hwinfo
>> --storage crashing (since recently?). I've seen this both on machines
>> where mmc is behind USB and where it is not.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Our LUG owns three Raspberry boards PI 2 and have not been capable of
> making demonstrations with openSUSE at any of the events that we have
> attended since February 2015.
>
> We see other LUGs with "out of the box distributions", no tweaking,
> just burnt the image on SD card et voilà!
>
> We are more integrators than programmers and are willing to help by
> testing and sending reports of what went wrong. For doing that, and by
> putting ourselves in the place of the end user, we cannot afford to
> include a lot of pre/post commands while other distribution just make
> a DD and rock n'Roll.
>
> Please do tell us if you need us as Guinea pigs so that we can
> organise our planning.

Thanks a lot for the offer! What we're missing is basically someone/something
screaming "broken!" as soon as something breaks in the tree. On x86 we have
OpenQA for that, but automating 32bit arm is not that easy unfortunately.

If you really mean the offer above, what you could do is to - as soon as the
image is fixed again - check whether it still works fibe every week. That way
we have a much easier time to find breakage correlations. As it stands today, a
regression could as well have been introduced 2 months ago (and they stack!)

Alex