Am 24.01.2017 um 18:29 schrieb Andreas Färber:
> Hi,
>
> Am 24.01.2017 um 17:30 schrieb Frank Kunz:
>> But the watchdog triggers anyway during the system partition rewrite. So
>> nothing pings the watchdog during that operation. I think there is still
>> a service missing that pings the watchdog.
>
> See https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Turris_Omnia for an example solution.
> I used /etc/init.d/boot.local for quick local testing.

I will try that first, but it needs util-linux which brings beside wdctl
a lot of other things.

>> Is there a possibility to add
>> that to the boot initrd?
>
> If you package a systemd service unit, you can add it to your packages
> list in Images.kiwi.in.

not sure if I understood it correct, but does the first boot initrd use
systemd? To me it looks that it brings some kiwi init script instead of.

> But since you're the one building U-Boot you might also just patch that
> out on the U-Boot side.

I tried to send some first patch that disabled the watchdog in uboot,
and it got rejected. There are concerns that the system could hang
during the boot, and I got also the answer that 30 seconds should be
more than enough to bring the OS up.

Br,
Frank