Andreas Färber wrote:
Hi Per,

Am 18.04.2017 um 18:51 schrieb Andreas Färber:
With today's update to v2017.05-rc2, there now is a u-boot-nanopineoair
package in Base:System:Staging for you to test.

If you interrupt it on serial and type "printenv fdtfile", I would
expect that you see a different .dtb filename than for -nanopineo.

The sun8i-h3-nanopi-neo-air.dtb file is however not part of kernel 4.11
(i.e., not in Kernel:HEAD), so you would need to try kernel-vanilla and
dtb-sun8i from Kernel:linux-next. Or try just the .dtb file from there,
with a Factory or Kernel:HEAD kernel-lpae.

To use the partially-working sun8i-h3-nanopi-neo.dtb as before with the
new u-boot-nanopineoair, you could use a symlink.

Small steps...

Haven't heard back here yet. Note that I've recently (when touching it)
prepared a JeOS image with the above bootloader:

https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:NanoPi_Neo_Air

It still requires the above workarounds for the .dtb, thus in a Contrib.

Some feedback before oSC17 would be appreciated, as I don't have one.

Hi Andreas

I have a working system, it's been running for a while measuring electricity consumption. https://www.jessen.ch/electricity

I am currently missing two things - I want to boot from the built-in eMMC flash and I would prefer to run a clean Leap422. The latter isn't so important though.

I started with your TW JeOS image for the nanopi neo:

openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-nanopineo.armv7l-2017.01.17-Build5.2.raw.xz

I updated the dtb with some patches from a Dutch guy, I rebuilt the kernel, got new firmware and nvram for the wifi. It was a great learning exercise.

Gruss
Per