On 07/20/2017 02:16 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,
>
> Am 20.07.2017 um 00:09 schrieb Vladimir Nadvornik:
>> I have new Orange Pi Prime board and I'd like to run openSUSE on it :)
> [...]
>> I tried to compile u-boot 2017-07 from Base:System:Staging. The
>> board config is already there but it seems that there is problem with
>> building SPL - there is this message during build:
>>
>> [  246s] WARNING: BL31 file bl31.bin NOT found, resulting binary is
>> non-functional
>> [  246s] Please read the section on ARM Trusted Firmware (ATF) in
>> board/sunxi/README.sunxi64
>
> Nevertheless, please do a Submit Request preparing such a package, or
> let me know the name of the config you need added.
>
>> BTW, the already enabled board Orange Pi PC2 seems to have the same
>> problem.
>
> Guillaume took care of the version update, I have not yet done a round
> of testing. Previous kernel tests were with a self-compiled U-Boot.
>
>> I haven't found anything like this in build service, do I understand
>> it correctly that it needs to be packaged?
>
> The ATF package is not in Factory, because it is not upstream. I have
> the upstream one in my home. We would need to find a suitable devel
> project to submit it to - probably Base:System.
>
> You can find an arm-trusted-firmware-pine64 package in Contrib:Pine64
> and need to rebuild your U-Boot package against it (adding a
> BuildRequires in your branch and setting some BL31 variable according to
> the above README).
> If you want, we can add a Contrib:OrangePiPrime project for your board.
>
> The 4.12 kernel was not yet working for the H5, so you'll need either
> 4.13-rc1 from Kernel:HEAD or kernel-sunxi64 from Contrib:Pine64.

Hi Andreas,

I have verified that the unmodified bl31.bin binary from
arm-trusted-firmware-pine64 can be used to build functional SPL for
Orange Pi Prime.

So as long as it can be submitted to Factory, I'd suggest these changes
to u-boot package:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/home:nadvornik:branches:Base:System:Staging/u-boot?opackage=u-boot&oproject=Base%3ASystem%3AStaging&rev=2

Thank you,
Vladimir