Am 01.01.2018 um 16:20 schrieb Matwey V. Kornilov:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 02.09.2017 um 12:06 schrieb Matwey V. Kornilov:
>>> 1. Tools from https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkbin are required to
>>> prepare u-boot binary to be deployed into sd-card. The tools are
>>> permitted to be redistributed, but they are x86_64-only binary blobs.
>>> I think we could package them in RPM package and wrap them using
>>> qemu-linux-x86_64 to execute them at JeOS building phase (at aarch64
>>> architecture).
>>
>> Negative. Same topic came up for Amlogic, and I had to develop the
>> native Open Source meson-tools instead.
>>
>> For creating a JeOS image we need to use U-Boot SPL, which as I already
>> pointed out should avoid all those binary-only x86 tools.
>>
>> If that is not working yet (you did not say), then we can just document
>> the x86-only steps to keep them out of OBS.
>>
>>> 2. bootloader are required to be placed at +16MB offset from the
>>> beginning of SD card. We have to find a way to specify KIWI to place
>>> EFI partition not at 2048sector as default.
>>
>> Yousaf gave a presentation on how to accomplish that for RK3399.
>>
>> If this reservation is implemented, then similar to my JeOS-nanopik2
>> image we could just leave out U-Boot and give users Wiki instructions on
>> how to place U-Boot there themselves.
>
> Why didn't we allocate separate GPT partition for each bootloader
> image? It seems to be generic way to denote that specific place at SD
> card is allocated and used by something.

Kiwi only supports a few partitioning schemes, it does not allow to add
random other partitions AFAIK. Every scheme needs to be defined in the
XML Schema and needs a matching implementation in Kiwi.

Have you checked out Alex' new non-Kiwi approach for RPi3 and Pine64?
That should allow to create custom bootloader partitions. Just keep in
mind that U-Boot might check only the first partition if none is flagged
as bootable, so you may want to keep EFI first even if physically second.

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)