Hi,

Le 17/04/2018 à 01:57, Alex Armstrong a écrit :
Freek de Kruijf wrote:
Op dinsdag 20 maart 2018 17:05:58 CET schreef Kasimir _:
Both abort the boot process with the message: "Initramfs unpacking
failed: write error"

Raspberry Pi 1:
      - Image:
openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-raspberrypi.armv6l-2018.03.19-Build1.1.raw.xz
      - Console output: https://paste.opensuse.org/5939196

Raspberry Pi2:
      - Image:
openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-raspberrypi2.armv7l-2018.03.19-Build1.1.raw.xz
- Console output: https://paste.opensuse.org/77297849
N�����r��y隊Z)z{.�櫛맲��r��z�^�ˬz��N�(�֜��^�       ޭ隊Z)z{.�櫛�0�������Ǩ�
I am able to get a little further.
You probably did not clear the highest 1024 bytes.
You can use:
dev="/dev/sdX" # X is you device with SD card
echo "Clear last 1024 bytes"
ssize=$(/usr/sbin/blockdev --getss /dev/$dev)
[ $ssize -ne 512 ] && echo "Sector size not equal 512" && exit 1
size=$(/usr/sbin/blockdev --getsz /dev/$dev)
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/$dev obs=1 seek=$(($size - 2)) count=2

I can confirm this with the Raspberry Pi 1.

I noticed a broken link in the /boot/ directory; the initrd symbolic
link points to initrd-4.14.14-1-default which doesn't exist.  Probably
not the cause though, as grub loads initrd.vmx directly and changing the
link doesn't make any difference.  Also the initrd.vmx file is 73MB -
which seems a bit large.

This should be fixed in the next rebuild.
I tested a local build and it is working fine on a RPi1.


Guillaume


-ARA


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to