On Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018, 14:35:35 CEST wrote Alexander Graf:

> >> What I would much rather prefer is to trim the other dimension.
> >>
> >> What if we could take the efi image builds as build input in OBS? Then we
> >> could just apply the few u-boot additions ad hoc and automatically create
> >> a board specific image without all of the image building overhead.
> > It would be awesome! :) Is kiwi ready for such a thing?
>
> I think this would have to happen outside of kiwi. So kiwi would produce
> for example a JeOS-efi image. A different build job could create a
> JeOS-pine64 out of that then.
>
> I don't think we have the logic to do that in OBS quite yet though. If
> we could convince someone to add the few missing like I believe we could
> dramatically reduce build times.

hm, could you just use the post kiwi build hook of the build script?

Means you need to build an rpm which provides some executable

 /usr/lib/build/kiwi_post_run

and you just require that package in your prjconf.

So you could basically run anything there and modify or produce more
images.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adr...@suse.de