Am 22.07.2018 um 13:26 schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
> Instead of a Banana Pi M3 I got a Banana Pi M64, of which I was uncertain
> that
> the processor was the same as the one on a Raspberry Pi 3B.

It is not. Allwinner vs. Broadcom.

> My experiments with it will be continued, but if you have any advice I will
> be
> happy to receive it.

My advice: Don't do that. Use a proper image, don't reuse Raspberry Pi
images on non-Raspberry-Pi boards. Same for most other boards, but the
Raspberry Pi uses a special MBR partitioning whereas you want GPT here.
Not to mention "wrong" bootloader packages.

If apparently you have the bootloader on eMMC instead of SD, you can use
the generic JeOS-efi.aarch64 image, for instance.

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)