Hi Paul,

On 26/07/18 10:07, Paul Gonin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This arm based NAS kit is interesting.
> https://kobol.io/helios4/
>
> What would be the level of difficulty to have openSUSE (pref. Leap)
> available for it ?
>

>From a quick look mainline kernel support for the armada-388 looks fine. You
would need to get the device tree file for the specific board upstream, but that
shouldn't be too difficult.

Next step would be to check if there is support in mainline u-boot of the board
and if not, enable it. Another option would be to create a contrib project with
the BSP u-boot, but it should have support for EFI and distro boot. There might
be some work needed here.

With that you should be able to get support for openSUSE Tumbleweed.

To get support for openSUSE Leap, you would need to create a feature request in
fate.opensuse.org against "openSUSE Distribution" (I suppose), best with the
upstream commit Id's you will need to get the kernel working.

You can see, it's a rather long process, but hey, would be great to see you on
board pushing this forward!

Regards,
Matthias