Hi,

I regularly fetch the latest Chromebook JeOS images via

---
osc getbinaries openSUSE:Factory:ARM:Live JeOS:JeOS-chromebook images armv7l
---

and test them on my Chromebook. The images still fail to boot for me ("Starting Kernel", then black screen forever), but since openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-chromebook.armv7l-2018.07.23-Build1.1 there are messages that Grub is loading and a splash screen just like on x86_64.

The Leap 15 JeOS image doesn't boot either. It is still unclear to me, why the Chromebook images fail. I saw U-Boot patches regarding MMC mode and device tree blob files, not sure whether these are relevant for my issues.

Is somebody out there, who's successfully running the openSUSE armv7l port on Snow? ChromeOS updates are no longer available for Snow, so running an alternative OS is more desireable than ever...

Best regards,

--D.
---
Daniel Bischof <suse-b...@bischof.org>