On 09/01/2020 13:06, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 09, Freek de Kruijf wrote:

>>> Matthias told you several times to use the official images, why are
>>> you still using this outdated ones?
>>
>> I do use the official ones also, but these are unusable; no ethernet, no
>> keyboard and no mouse support; access only via a serial connection. This
>> support should be available in kernel 5.4,
>
> The official Pi4 images are using 5.4.7?

There are quite some patches added to my kernel on top of 5.4:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:mbrugger:branches:RPi4/kernel-source/series.conf?expand=1

These are all part of v5.5 but submission is stuck because of some
infrastructure problems for quite some time now.

>  which is used in the images of
>> Matthias. I do see daily new images generated by Matthias, so I would not

They are getting generated whenever a package changes. Because they are build
against openSUSE:Factory:ARM

>> qualify these as outdated. In fact these are the ones that currently can be
>> used on a RPi4B. I even did add enough packages to have a workable XFCE
>> system
>> and most likely could have a workable KDE system. It lacks however support
>> for
>> sound and support for video output is poor. To avoid the problem I reported
>> on
>> in this thread, I needed to convert the image of Matthias into a system
>> without btrfs. I am using ext4 for BOOT and ROOT and added a xfs partition
>> for
>> /home.

>>> For this we have bugzilla, it's known and people are working on fixing
>>> it. Use the official images and you don't have this problems ;)
>>
>> My only intention is to assist in getting a proper working system on the
>> RPi4B. My understanding is that bugzilla is for the "official" images and
>> not
>> for the images Matthias is working on.

Just try to delete swiotlb=512 from the kernelcmdline, that should fix the
issue. This should land in the official image (maybe it already did).

Regards,
Matthias