On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 23:12:08 +0200 MadMax wrote:

Hi,

> Frank Sundermeyer wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 13:30:00 +0200 MadMax wrote:

> In the last days I installed several new releases of daps. So I
> noticed you have been busy. Even today I got a new version.

yes - I am currently fixing bugs and adding missing functionality.
Seems we are almost done by now - I will release version 1.0 soon.

> I'm not scared easily of a little learning. I can read several
> languages, so xml won't be a big problem. Only the implementation of
> the dtd

You do not have to bother with the DTD - this is handled by DAPS. The
only thing you need to make sure is to use correct declarations
(DocBook/NovDoc headers) in your XML files.

BTW: We are using a custom DTD called NovDoc. This is a subset of
DocBook 4.5 (so not all tags and attributes available in DocBook can be
used in NovDoc) and is 100% compatible with DocBook.

> > So if you are familiar with Kate, use Kate to edit the DocBook XML
> > files. Kate has a (DocBook) XML mode and is well suited for editing
> > XML documents (see http://l10n.kde.org/docs/tools.php)

> I read it, activated the xml plugin. This helped also. Something to
> put up on the wiki, by me.

I did a bit of research on kate and it's XML support. Unfortunately
it's not 100% straight forward and whatsmore, kate from KDE 4.6
had a bug that affected XML support (the XML autocompletion). With
yesterday's KDE 4.7 release this has been fixed.
I am planning to add a README.kate to daps in order to explain how to
make kate DocBook ready. If time permits I will also create a Kate
snippet repository for DocBook and upload it to http://kde-files.org/.

--
Regards
        Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;  http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF:
Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)