On Wednesday 15 February 2006 17:08, Hans Witvliet wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 13:55 +0100, houghi wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 01:26:14PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > > Correct in the case of non-GPL drivers - but e.g. AVM or any developer
> > > could make their own CD and ship it with their products like they do
> > > for Windows.  Now we only need a stable kernel ABI ;-(
> >
> > They could do both.  Having the drivers on teir CD would be a great
> > thing. They then could put a Penguin on their box and just suport it as
> > anything else. :-)
> >
> > houghi
>
> Ever thought of the possibility that they will ditch support for linux
> enterly?

Am I the only one who believes in not purchasing hardware that isn't directly
supported by the manufacturer for linux, and as a the last possibility, not
even supported by OSS drivers?

You're saying a company ditching linux support means that people have to
scramble to appease the company? I demand the opposite.  I use Linux, and I
demand they appease me by providing Linux drivers.  If they don't, I won't
use there hardware.

And I don't mean I won't use their hardware on a Linux machine.  I mean I
_won't_ use their hardware.

Joseph M. Gaffney
aka CuCullin