On Sunday 19 February 2006 21:23, Peter Czanik wrote:
> 10.1 promises to be the best SUSE release ever

It really looks nice.. I would like to note the following:

- Installation with Danish language only needs cd1-3. (Earlier betas needed cd
5 also, is the cd-layout changed so that standard gnome/kde installation in
all languages can be done from cd1-3? A lot of people ask about this in
#suse).

- Konversation (IRC-client) is installed by default with KDE-installation, a
small thing - but real nice nonetheless (though I wonder why it's 0.18 and
not 0.19)

- I also really like that you can specify URLs for installation sources in the
GUI - in stead of having to enter protocol, server name, directory - this
makes life a lot easier both for users - and for those of us who take the
time to help noobs.

- I liked that you're offered to enter hostname during installation

- I'm looking forward to learning more about Rug - and generally for the
package manager to be more usable..

Plus I also like a lot of the things that appeared in earlier betas -
beagle/kerry, possibility to test screen-settings with sax2 during the
installation, networkmanager..

This truly does look promising. My thanks and appreciation to everybody at
SuSE working on 10.1 - and everybody who's posted bugs or wishes/feature
requests.

Martin / cb400f