Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2006 12:07 schrieb Azerion:
> > I just saw, that under Gnome, you get a new icon for every external drive
> > attached. This _very useful_ feature was killed from KDE some SL versions
> > ago, when the new "My Computer" icon was introduced.
> >
> > Could we have back the icons for removable media per default in KDE, too?
> >
> > Who likes them, who does not? Is there any technical problem doing so?
> >
> > For me it's just some clicks in the KDE control panel, but newbies
> > perhaps do not find those settings....
>
> Windows-users don't have those icons on their desk either but do have My
> Computer. I guess that they will take a look info that first before they
> start searching.... I don't miss them (USB is still a new icon, right?) and
> hated it when it was enabled by default because I know that there are
> mounted devices and I know that on that disk is audio and I will never
> browse on an audio-disk :-). Most of the people (I think) dont use the
> shortcuts..
>
> Azerion

I always use either a shell or Konqueror to access them, I've never used My
Computer or device icons. I really wouldn't miss it if neither of them are on
the desktop - in fact, given the number of open applications, I never see my
desktop anyway... It is just easier to call up Konq and browse the media
directory.

Dave
--
"I got to go figure," the tenant said. "We all got to figure. There's some way
to stop this. It's not like lightning or earthquakes. We've got a bad thing