On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:13, Kevin R. Garand wrote:
> I am wondering how updates are being done now.  Do we still set an
> installation source (repository) and update

There are two kinds of updates on SuSE.

1) Security updates, handled with YOU

2) Updating to unsupported ("unstable") or 3. party packages from various
installation sources, handled with Software management.

This basically hasn't and won't change. But..

SuSEwatcher/YOU will be/has been replaced - with something that none of us has
really been able to test yet.

"Software management" is also undergoing some major changes - and specifically
in beta4 it has very little functionality - among other things with respect
to installation sources and updating. So what you want to do - especially
being new to this - is relax for now and check out beta5 which is expected to
be released tomorrow..

Hopefully with a package manager ready for some heavy duty bug testing ;)

cb400f