On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 03:09:19PM +0100, David Wright wrote:
> Probably more helpful for the Dev's, say they've supposedly fixed a problem
> which manefests itself on specific hardware or a combination of hardware,
> they can look for a tester who has that configuration, and ask them to test
> it specifically - obviously it would need testing on other hardware as well
> to ensure that it didn't break anything else, but if the specific combination
> isn't available in the lab I think it might be useful...

OK. If you are going to do that it will be great. There are some
cosiderations: You need to be able to rely on the specific netatesters to
do the job. You need to rely on the quality and so on.

What might be better would be a request for specific testers. e.g. Extra
testing demanden for Matrox G550 Dualhead during installation¹. People with
such a card then could betatest in more detail. SUSE people won't need to
look up who has what and either ask people who have new hardware or have
forgotten to add themselves.

¹Used to work automagically, now you need to install with `sax2 -b
/usr/share/sax/profile/Matrox_Dualhead`

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau