On Tuesday 07 March 2006 19:07, Frank-Michael Fischer wrote:
> It's part of the factory tree already and therefore part of the distro

In my opinion it should be on the cds to be considered part of the distro.
Ndiswrapper *and* kmp's (at least ndiswrapper-kmp-default) are crucial to
many people.

Will everything that's in factory now be on 10.1-final inst-sources?

James Ogley wrote:
> NetworkManager supports whatever network devices the kernel does, so
> all you need to do is setup the NDIS driver in ndiswrapper and you're
> away.

I believe this to be true, but I can't get my Linksys (bcm4306 chipset, using
ndiswrapper) to connect using (k)networkmanager - if I choose traditional
method via ifup in yast nic module it connects fine (For testing purposes I'm
using no encryption and dhcp - should be simple enough).

Whether this problem is networkmanager<>ndiswrapper, networkmanager or
knetworkmanager I don't have the slightest idea - but something isn't working
right. I suspect some of the other people in this thread have had similar
problems.

cb400f