houghi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 01:56:15PM +0100, Azerion wrote:
>> Could someone tell me why the releasesnotes are shown before the
>> hardware-configuration? I always thought that release-notes where shown at
>> the end. Can it be replaced or does it have a function in this order?
>
> What other place would you place it? Perhaps they could be more to the
> beginning, just after the licence agreement.

We have two versions of the release notes:
* The ones coming with the product
* Then later after network setup, we download the updated version via
  network as part of the network setup test.

The later are shown then directly after they are downloaded (or if
download fails the initial ones).

The initial ones can be shown anytime, there's a button directly at
the first screens (at least at the proposal) to display the release
notes, so you can look at them,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/
  SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany