Am Freitag, 17. März 2006 06:42 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
> Hi,
>
> On 2006-03-16 at 22:29:47 -0700, Chad Groneman wrote (shortened):
> > It's probably been this way for a long time, but I noticed with beta8
> > that firefox defaults to automatically save to the desktop rather than
> > the home folder or some other location.  It seems to me that this is a
> > quick way to clutter the desktop, and for users who are unfamiliar with
> > firefox, it might be difficult to find where to change that default
> > behavior.
> >
> > Maybe it is this way on purpose because of the "usability studies" (have
> > you seen any of them?  Where do they get those people?!), but it seems
> > like there would be something better.
>
> The current behaviour is the default Firefox behaviour. We haven't
> modified it.
I remember, that Suse Firefox 1.0.X under KDE came with KDE integration, so
you could simply choose in Konqueror where to save downloads. Would be nice
to have this integration also for Firefox 1.5.

Also you could replace the default download window with the dialog appearing
if you choose save as.

There is another problem with the font size and the download window. In most
cases you cannot see the string behind "All files were saved to: " as the
Cancel button is there. So this is really  _stupid friendly_, not user
friendly.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marcel Hilzinger