Chad Groneman wrote:

> My konquerer works fine...  But I would think an ethereal trace would be
> more revealing than the assert messages.  Is there a proxy involved?

Odd as hell!

www.google.com -> can't resolve, then it tries
www.google.com.mylocaldomain and it obviously doesn't work either

www.brazil.gov.br -> resolves to wrong IP address, since it can't
connect, it tries www.brazil.gov.br.mylocaldomain

www.whitehouse.gov -> resolves correctly, but can't connect (local SYN,
remote FIN/ACK, local ACK, remote FIN/ACK, then stops), after that, it
tries to resolve www.whitehouse.gov.mylocaldomain

www.networksolutions.com -> resolves correctly, but can't connect (local
SYN, remote SYN/ACK, local ACK, remote SYN/ACK, local ACK, then stops),
after that, it tries to resolve www.networksolutions.com.mylocaldomain

As I said before, Firefox, links and wget work fine. New user with empty
KDE profile, doesn't work either. No proxies involved.

I'm really lost here. :(

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net <> Maceio/AL/BR