Hi,

"Regedit for Linux" is called "PSGML for Emacs" I think ;-)
But XML is what ".ini" Files were for Windows 3.x: The larger the system, the
larger the files, and the slower access. Furthermore there was a "locking for
updates" problem. Seems we all have it back with XML.

I really wonder if there's any benefit of XML compared to ASN.1 BER for the
typical applications. An XML line with a length some 10kB isn't really "human-
readable".

Ulrich