Lenz Grimmer wrote:

Hi,

jdd wrote:

if you can garanty that one hard drive failure won't make me lose all my
data, I'ok (I have several HD, of course, each with part of my system)

In what respect would that be different from a hard disk failure with
regular partitions? Are you implying that using LVM increases the risk
of data loss? Please elaborate.

AFAIK, if LVM uses 4 disks and one of them fails, the hole file system is lost. With the usual system only the file system on the faulty disk is lost.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net