Am Freitag, 16. Juni 2006 10:55 schrieb Jürgen Mell:
> I have a strange problem here: I have several machines running SUSE 10.1
> here so I am rsync-ing the patches from one of the mirror servers to a
> local directory on my server here. This local directory is set up as an
> installation source in YaST (type YUM) and 'Update' is set to 'ON'.
> Now, when fresh patches arrive, they wil not be recognized. Neither
> restarting the ZMD service nor using 'Refresh' from the software update
> applet nor rebooting the machines helps. Only if I remove the installation
> source in YAST and add it back again, the new patches are detected.
>
> The same happens, if there are new versions of non-patches available (eg.
> from Packman). Selecting the package and function 'Update' in YaST does
> not work, as it still shows only the old version available.
>
> Is this intended behaviour or should a file a bug report?

This can happen when the directory is not properly mirrored. Expecially using
the --size-only option cannot be used for mirroring rpm-md repositories.

Another possiblity is that a mirror itsslf is in an inconsistent shape. The
sometimes  happens to the packman mirrors.

I think no bugreport is neccessarry.

[...]

Cheers
Herbert