Is there any info availble on control.xml? I have found many references to
the file, but not one explaining anythiong about the file.

Changing the file sometimes can be obvious, like removing a module or
changing a 'yes' into a 'no' or 'true' into 'false.
Other things are less obvious what the alternatives might be:
<ui_mode>simple</ui_mode> and there is no way of knowing if there are
things that are not included in the file that could be.
--
houghi          Please to not toppost                   http://houghi.org
                                                  My experience with SUSE