Tirsdag 04 juli 2006 10:45 skrev Andreas Jaeger:
> I will move them to the old place once I'm happy with them - those are
> the packages from last week.

I'm testing the packages dated July 7th. Seems to work nicely.

I believe performance would be the focal point of these patches, correct?

Only tested on my 900 mhz/512 mb ram laptop thus far - but it still seems
rather slow - at resolving, installing, running suseconfig etc. - slower than
10.0-yast and a lot slower than Smart. Though there seems to pe significant
improvement in the parse-metadata department - only tested it briefly thus
far.

I'm wondering how much more potential is there for improvement? Is this
considered satisfactory? How much work will be put into it after this round
of updates is put out? Is this the level of performance we can expect, say,
when 10.2 rolls around?

One of the reasons I'm asking is that it was communicated earlier that the
packagemanagement issues would be fixed in two rounds of patching.

Martin / cb400f