On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 01:02:48PM +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 08:27:07PM +0200, Robert Schiele wrote:
> > This is the same behaviour you see with YaST installer.  No wait --- YaST
> > does
> > remove the packages depending on the old version even when it leaves other
> > packages on the system depending on the removed ones thus leaving the system
> > in an inconsistent state.
>
> Not true as far as I know. You'll get an error in the solving pass
> in this case.

It is true.  This is not a strange idea of me but what I have seen multiple
times since the integration of libzypp.  Last time I saw this was shortly
before I wrote the above mail with exactly the packages that were mentioned
originally in this thread.

I did some bugreports to similar bugs in the past but they were canceled in
most cases by either the argumentation that factory isn't supported anyway or
because YaST did log rotation in that a fast manner that even the log data
from one update sessions couldn't be hold.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele                  Tel.: +49-621-181-2214
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]