On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 12:21:07PM +0200, Samuel Partida wrote:

Please do not toppost.

> Hi Adrian, thanks for your answer, so, I think (sadly) that the only
> way I have now is to work directly with the released images.
>
> Really what I want to know now is about the root image that linuxrc
> loads at the installation process, but I think it is part of the build
> process.
>
> If there is any possibility and interest to document that process I
> offer myself to collaborate.

http://en.opensuse.org/Making_a_SUSE_based_distribution
Although it does not have anything to do with the kernel you boot, it
shows how you can alter the installation process. Also a must read is
http://forgeftp.novell.com/yast/doc/SL10.0/tdg/yast2-installation.html

It will most likley not answer all your questions, but it might give you
some insight and perhaps even ideas on how to do what you like to do.

> By the way, is this the correct list for these questions? :)

I would think so, yes.

--
houghi          Please to not toppost                   http://houghi.org
                                                  My experience with SUSE