I follow closely the factory distribution, but for some days now I have
problems seemingly connected with the dbus-system. Especially it is no longer
possible to mount removable media (apart from the old-fashiond "mount"
command as root user ;).

I cannot exactly pinpoint the date, but I imagine it started around the time
when hal and PolicyKit became seperate packages.

Problems:

In KDE, I cannot mount removable storage (usb and firewire) any longer. A
window pops up telling my that hal.something's policy doesn't allow mounting
for UID 1000 (my user id).
I can't even reproduce the error now, because I just did a reinstall of some
packages, and now konqueror's "system:/media"-kioslave doesn't even show the
hotplug devices any more :-(

On a maybe related note, the kpowersave-icon in my systray is greyed out.

kdbus is prone to long hangs and crashes, and if it runs, it only shows
entries for "System Bus", not for "Session Bus".

Some maybe interesting error messages:
linux:~ # /etc/init.d/policykitd restart
Shutting down HAL daemon                                              done
Starting PolicyKit daemon                                             done
linux:~ # /etc/init.d/policykitd status
Checking for service PolicyKit daemoncheckproc: cannot
stat /var/run/polkit-console/polkit.pid: No such file or directory

The Packages hal, PolicyKit, dbus-1, dbus-1-qt (and so on) and resmgr are as
provided by openSUSE factory for AMD64 as of today, August 15th.

Any hints?