"Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Em Qui, 2006-08-17 às 13:04 +0200, Andreas Hanke escreveu:
>
>> At least rug runs SuSEconfig after each transaction, and it's _painful_
>> compared to YaST because other than YaST, it doesn't show what it does,
>
> Well, I've never used rug, so I was not sure about it.
>
> Regarding smart, it's an old request to run SuSEconfig at the end, but
> looks like we'll wait for this discussion here to reach a decision so we
> would make ours on smart. :)
>
> And sure running the needed scripts on %post would do the trick, but it
> would require a lot of documentation so that the packagers would know
> if/when/how/why would they need to do that.

We already noticed that we have a lot of scripts that are not needed
anymore - just historic garbage :-(.  Those can be removed.  Let's see
which scripts we still need and what technical solution is needed.

If in the end out of 20 scripts, we keep 2 - and the runtime for these
is not anymore 20s on my machine but 1s, then I'm fine ;-)

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/