Am Montag, 21. August 2006 18:27 schrieb Tobias Burnus:
> Hello,
>
> Marcel Hilzinger schrieb:
> > set a symbolic link each time a CD/DVD is inserted with /media/cdrom. The
> > link should always point to the last inserted CD/DVD.
> > /media/SUSE_LINUX_10.1
> > is cool, but its hard to work with CDs on command line and writing
> > documentation for Suse is also very hard. So please let's become
> > cd  /media/cdrom
> > true for Suse Linux 10.2. Konqueror,etc should/can still show the label
> > of the disk.
>
> I always though this was the case since 10.0: It is mounted to
> /media/device (device could be "dvdram", "cdrom", "cdwriter" etc.)
> and there is a symbolic link from /media/<LABEL> to /media/<device>.
That's true for 10.0, but not for 10.1. That's why I suggest to always keep
the simple

/media/cdrom

The intermezzo with /media/cdrwriter, /media/dvdram, /media/dvdwriter was not
very successful I guess.

Coolo: Please ask also the documentation team. It's really hard to write docu
for Suse Linux if you cannot tell users, where CDs/DVDs will be mounted!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marcel Hilzinger

Linux New Media AG