El Martes, 22 de Agosto de 2006 01:50, Ludwig Nussel escribió:
> That's not the case. All users logged in via console or xdm have
> access to sound devices thanks to resmgr (provided that the kernel
> supports ACLs on /dev). Mounting of removeable media is likely broken
> due to PolicyKit not beeing properly integrated yet, that's a problem
> unrelated to device permissions.

Ludwig,
without tweaking anything, right after a "vanilla" installation, the
devices /dev/dsp and everything in /dev/snd has the permissions 0600
for the first user who logs in. subsequently logged in users do *not*
have any sound. Actually, a KDE session for such users starts with an
error Message from arts about the default device being busy. Xine-ui or
any other player with direct access to e.g. alsa also sheds an error
message about the sound device. After manually changing the file
permissions in /dev sound works for the other users too, as expected.

If this is not the default behaviour (as I thought), should I file a bug
report?

--
Gruß
Andreas