Dňa St 23. August 2006 11:05 Volker Kuhlmann napísal:
> >  So with the Summer of Code over, it's time to announce the GTK+
> > interface for Yast (other SoCees, I would love to hear from you btw :)).
>
> Just out of interest, what is the advantage of re-implementing yast by
> linking it with libgtk instead of libqt? Wouldn't the time have been
> better spent improving yast itself?

This was done as Google Summer of Code project. It gives us several
interesting advantages:

- native Gtk frontend will much better integrate with GNOME (sad, but true,
even after all those years with freedesktop.org)

- a new look on the YaST libraries from a fresh developer already uncovered
several bugs and shortcomings in the YaST generic UI code

Stano