On Sep 05, 06 16:49:42 +0200, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> * Juergen Weigert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-09-05 16:41]:
> > >
> > > There's at least one person on this planet who thinks that it isn't
> > > incompatible ;-)
> >
> > Avoiding the CDDL reduces some risks from our products.
>
> Do you mean CDDL in general or only linking together CDDL code with
> GPL code?

I cannot answer that in general, but at least when we consider linking,
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html educates us as follows:
 Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL)
 This is a free software license which is not a strong copyleft; it has some
 complex restrictions that make it incompatible with the GNU GPL. It
 requires that all attribution notices be maintained, while the GPL only
 requires certain types of notices. Also, it terminates in retaliation for
 certain aggressive uses of patents. So, a module covered by the GPL and a
 module covered by the CDDL cannot legally be linked together. We urge you
 not to use the CDDL for this reason.

 Also unfortunate in the CDDL is its use of the term "intellectual
 property".

cheers,
        Jw.

--