Andreas schrieb:
> After some diggin I found a bugreport describing the windowmanager
> problem, so it is known to the developers.

Sure? Which one?

There were other bugs (metacity crashing on startup, already resolved),
but this one (compiz being used instead of metacity and failing) seems
to be new.

Interestingly, on 10.1 there's the exact opposite: metacity is sometimes
incorrectly being used instead of compiz.

There seems to be a general problem with detecting the right window
manager to use. gnome-wm could do a better job here.