Søndag 10 september 2006 10:19 skrev Andreas Jaeger:
> > 3. The Linksys wireless card is now recognised even though I needed to
> > download a firware package from Ubuntu as one was not available from
> > openSUSE that I could find.
>
> Mmh - could y ou file a bug for this so that we can investigate and
> possibly ship the firmware as well?

I too am an unfortunate bcm wlan owner hoping that 10.2 will help me get rid
of the nasty destabilizing Ndiswrapper without buying a new card.

My card doesn't work out of the box on alpha4 - it's recognized correctly by
yast, NM doesn't see it. Haven't tried the firmware yet.

Here are some links

Driver site:
http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/

Ubuntu doc on howto obtain firmware:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx/Dapper#head-91813ae33123c64cd6217d90fa64ae1282cabf1d

Don't know the licensing issues for it - but seems Ubuntu can host a firmware
package on their Universe repo..

Will be great if we can get this sorted out.

Martin