Onsdag 13 september 2006 15:52 skrev Andreas Jaeger:
> Here're the current agenda items.  Any comments?  Anything you like us
> to look at?
>
> * Java for Distribution building
>
>   We're currently building java-1_4_2-sun and the suggestion was to
>   switch to java-1_5_0-sun.

Hmmm.. I run 64bit. And my homebanking doesn't work with Java 1.5.0 (i586) and
Firefox (also 32bit). Works fine with java-i586-1.4.2 though. On 32bit SUSE
the homebanking works fine with java 1.5.0. Always been a mystery to me.

But if no java 1.4.2 is supplied I'd have to run 32bit again or get Java 1.4.2
from SUN and install it manually. Just something to think about - in general
I have little idea how much requires java 1.5.0 and how much stuff will only
work with 1.4.2.

Another thing I'm interested in is the rt2500 driver issue. On your list of
features for 10.2 you mentioned fixing that. From what I hear that driver is
still very buggy and little or no development is going on upstream. On top of
that I hear the driver won't run at all on smp-kernel. Fortunately I don't
have that chipset - I have have bcm4306 which has it's own issues - just
interested in the topic since very many people seem to have that chipset.
Don't know if that topic is big enough for the meeting.

Martin