Hello,

Jeff Mahoney wrote:
Ext3 has a much larger development community out there. Most other
distributions use ext3 as their default file system, so bugs that don't
end up getting reported to us and are fixed by other developers, we get
for free - most Reiser3 fixes originate from Chris or I.
Changing to ext3 would be a very welcome change for Pegasos PPC users. The OpenFirmware implementation of these machines can read files and boot from ext2 / ext3, but not reiserfs, just for the above reasons. Making ext3 default would make our lives a lot more easy and required documentation a lot shorter :-) Bye,

--
CzP
http://peter.czanik.hu/