On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Andreas Hanke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> Nobody has answered so far - so what should be done?
> >
> > 4) Create a new pattern that includes just the bare minimum needed to
> > build external modules.
> >
> > Advantage: ?
> >
> > Disadvantage: Bloats the already impressive number of patterns even further.
>
> So, what do you all think?

I said, I prefered this one.  I tend to find a pattern changing the
default kernel rather obtrusive because not all KMPs are available for
kernel-debug. The user might end up with effects (missing modules...) that
he did not expect.  And could be rather hard for a non advanced user to
deal with.

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047