Klaus,

On Monday 16 October 2006 00:06, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
> * Randall R Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Oct 15. 2006 18:18]:
> [...]
>
> > By poking around <http://www.kernel.org/> I discovered a very
> > simple change to sky2.c in Linux kernel 2.6.19 (-rc2) that enables
> > support for the 88E8056 as it is identified in current Asus P5B
> > mainboards (and, probably, others, as well):
>
> [...]
>
> > + { PCI_DEVICE(PCI_VENDOR_ID_MARVELL, 0x4364) },
>
> If its just an additional PCI id, ...

Yes, clearly.

> this can be passed to the driver at runtime.

How is that done? I haven't been able to find a comprehensive
specification or list of kernel command-line options. Or do you mean it
can be done even after the system is running?

> IIRC, there is even a YaST dialog for this.

Really? Do you know how or where this is done? I thought I'd been
through the whole thing (at least everything relevant to networking),
but I must have overlooked that one.

> Klaus

Thanks for the information.

Randall Schulz