Hi,

I am unable to print from Java applications. Both jEdit (programmer's
editor) and <oXygen/> (XML editor) report "No print service found."
when printing is attempted (this is true for both the "Page Setup"
and "Print" commands). Eclipse does not enable its Print command.

I have configured a remote CUPS printer and can successfully print to
that printer from other applications.

I could find no tool for configuring a Java print service (I looked in
the Java plug-in and JWS / JNLP configuration tools but found nothing
relevant to printer configurations in either of them).

Am I overlooking some necessary configuration, or is this probably a
bug? Has anyone else been able to print successfully from Java
applications? If so, did you have to do anything special (beyond
setting up a printer)?

Thanks.

Randall Schulz