On Tuesday 17 October 2006 06:50, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 06/10/16 23:05 (GMT-0700) Randall R Schulz apparently typed:
> > On Monday 16 October 2006 22:11, Rajko M wrote:
> >> Is this what you meant:
> >> http://en.opensuse.org/Installation_without_CD
> >>
> >> title
> >> #Installing_from_data_saved_on_your_local_machine
> >
> > That and #Grub, I guess.
> >
> > But I think I'm still missing something, because I understand "Network
> > Install" to mean that I don't need to first download anything (not any
> > packages, anyway), but rather that the installer will access the
> > network directly to retrieve packages.

Basically is that way.
Though network can mean your local network with one machine serving files to
the rest, so some kind of download has to be done at least once.

> The page could have been organized more clearly, but it's there. All you
> need to fetch before starting an installation is initrd and linux.

The page will be reorganized when I find time or somebody jump in and do
that :-)

I think that splitting it in few articles that describe each of methods will
help greatly.

--
Regards,
Rajko M.