On Saturday 21 October 2006 12:29, Martin Schlander wrote:
> Lørdag 21 oktober 2006 13:13 skrev Eberhard Moenkeberg:
> > But at release time Christoph will prepare a bittorrent seeder again at
> > GWDG, in a different server, like he did before.
>
> Great. Between you guys, Peter Czanik and perhaps some of the official
> servers it should be possible to get some momentum going I'd think and more
> bittorrent users would appear. Which would benefit users and mirror admins
> alike. And at the same time it would be possible to provide DVD isos,
> solving many issues with one stroke. Am I not correct?
>
> Maybe Christoph, like Peter, should _only_ seed the DVD isos.

I think that the important fact, specially now we will have beta1, is that,
without using SUSE servers for it, there is a possibility of having the DVD
avaulable for beta testing, wich is something we only had with alpha5.

Even if it is available only with torrent, it is better than not having none.

It could also be a way to forrest torrent usage, so that we wouldn't choke the
servers so much, specially if the torrents are not seeded by SUSE servers.

So, I also would like very much that Peter's offer would be acepted. I mean,
is so much better to record a DVD and use it on any computer you would
like...

Hugo Costelha