Hi!
The following bits were done using the 10.2 Beta1 DVD on a VMWare Server, new
VM, 4G hdd.

First try:
I used the proposed partioning with 1 swap and 1 root partition. When yast tried
to format the sda2 partitioning the installation stoppend and I got an error
saying that sda2 was in use and could not be formatted. I was back at the
textmode yast.

Second try: After reboot from the first try
This time the hdd was already partioned and the formating could be done.
I choosed "minimal destop system" as I just wanted to try some 3rd party
software. After the installation was done I ended up with a 800x600 desktop. The
keyboard layout was qwery although I choosed german during installation. I tried
to change the resolution to 1024x768 but in this mode the fonts are huge (one
letter fills 1/3 of the screen height). This is in sax2 and then also in xdm. I
changed back to  textmode and copied /etc/X11/xorg.conf.install to
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Let me know if you need further information and if I shall fill bugs about
something.

-Rolf