> IMO, if you want to use a stable system with mp3 support and all that
> stuff, use a stable release.
> If you want to contribute by testing Factory and/or alpha/beta releases,
> please do so, but you don't need mp3 support to do that.
> But hey, that's my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong :)

As at least the relevant multimedia packages built from you and packman for
10.1 work for me with 10.2 currently, there is no problem at the moment ;).
BTW, great job!

> Now that as 10.2 is feature-freezed since beta1, I could start building
> packages against it... if yast didn't just hang/die and require zmd to
> do a dirinstall (for whatever reason) :\

Good to know that I'm not the only one still not getting ZMD to work
properly ;(.

> The amarok package in the Build Service is kind of crippled too, it....
> ...has, amongst other things, mp3 and mp4 support, which isn't
> compiled into the SUSE package.

This was kind of the information I was looking for. Thanks! However, it would
be great if there would be some wiki-information along the lines "the
following packages from the official SUSE site only provide reduced
functionality because of possible legal problems in some countries". I know
that this can probably be found in individual README.SUSE-files, but if
you're wondering why e.g. Amarok doesn't seem to be able to use Musicbrainz
on MP3-files, it's quite a hassle to find out which library in the chain of
dependancies causes this. (You have to know that this problem exists because
of legal restrictions to begin with - For weeks I thought this is some Amarok
and/or Musicbrainz-problem).

Alex