Hi,

I've noticed that for the past three hours a process running the
command "zmd /usr/lib/zmd/zmd.exe --sleep-resume" has been running at a
CPU consumption rate of about 25%. It seems to be associated with a
pulse of disk read activity about every 5 seconds (though I'm just
inferring that from the regular pattern of disk reads shown by GKrellM
combined with the continuing execution of the zmd process).

I glanced at the man page, whose synopsis states "zmd - The backend
daemon for the Novell ZENworks Linux Management Agent."

Is it normal for this process to run on and on like this?

Randall Schulz