Alex schrieb:
> As a KDE user I have now once more trashed zmd and rug and want to use
> opensuse-updater and libzypp direct. Version of opensuse-updater is 3.16,
> libzypp and zypper are installed.
>
> 1. When configuring the applet, I just have the option to choose
> between "Novell ZENWorks" and "Default". Where is libzypp??
>
> 2. There are quite some services available and active (as shown by zypper sl;
> these channels have been added in the past with rug, not with yast2).
> opensuse-updater seems to check for updates periodically, but never ever
> finds any updates on this channels, even if they are definitely there.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You are expecting things from opensuse-updater that it doesn't do.

opensuse-updater does _not_ update every package to the most recent
version; it installs patches only (like the old SUSEwatcher did), so new
packages are pulled in only if they are part of a patch. The factory
tree does not contain any patches.

In order to have opensuse-updater update all packages to their most
recent versions, you must configure it to use the ZENworks backend.

Andreas Hanke (who is still not convinced that removing ZENworks from
the default installation is a good idea)